The Global EbA Fund is a rolling program. We accept and review concept note submissions year-round, with biannual funding decisions and announcements.
The cut-off date of 15 September 2021 at 23:59 UTC+2 (Geneva time) has closed. The next cut-off date is 28 February 2022 at 23:59 UTC+2 (Geneva time). Check Announcements for updates and more details.
Applications received after the cut-off date will be considered for the next biannual funding decision.
Please consult What We Fund to see if your project concept will meet all grant selection criteria and eligibility requirements. All application documents and templates are available below.
Applications must be submitted in English. Official documents of the organisation and register entries must be translated into English.
All application documents must be submitted via email to Submit.EbAFund@iucn.org.
Consult What We Fund and the Grant Procedures Manual to see if your project concept meets all grant-selection criteria and eligibility requirements. Follow the guidelines carefully when developing and drafting a proposal.
All Application Documents are available below.
Image: © IUCN
Documents and Process
We accept Concept Stage Application Packet submissions year-round.
Successful applicants will be invited to submit a Full Proposal Stage Application Packet, including due diligence processes.
Due to the high volume of submissions received, we are unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful proposals at this time. If you are not contacted, we encourage applicants to reapply and review the eligibility and selection criteria for future consideration.
Concept Stage Application Checklist
The following documents are required to be submitted as a part of a complete Concept Stage Application Packet. Failure to submit any of the following consistutes an incomplete Concept Stage Application Packet, which will not be reviewed.
- Completed Initial Screening Criteria
- Completed Concept Note Template, max 10 pages
- Certificate of registration of the applicant organisation (see 4.1. Legal Entity / Judicial Person Status in the Grant Procedures Manual for details)
- Audited financial statements from the last fiscal year (and for the last 2 fiscal years, if available)
- Completed Initial ESMS Screening: Concept Note Stage (Table 1)
- Signed Applicant Declaration Form
- Form (Global EbA Fund Submissions: Supplement to Concept Stage Application Packet)
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), acting as the secretariat for the Global EbA Fund, are committed to respecting your privacy in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data. I declare:
- I hereby authorise the treatment of my personal data (country and type of institution) under the “Support for the Implementation and Upscaling of Ecosystem-based Adaptation” Project, for reporting purposes;
- The data collected will be used for reporting purposes under the “Support for the Implementation and Upscaling of Ecosystem-based Adaptation” Project and access will be granted to the project coordination team;
- The data collected will be stored for up to 10 years.
Header Image: © ANGMVF; Footer Image: © UNEP